At Selkirk Association of REALTORS® & Multiple Listing Service, we collect personal and confidential information about our members. We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide.
What type of information do we collect?
- We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles)
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit)
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data)
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- To notify you of updates to our site
- To notify you of upcoming events and programs
- To compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware of
We utilize an Opt‐Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. If you wish to Opt‐out of receiving emails from us, please contact us via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the list.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non‐personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not release, share or sell your information to third parties. However, in accordance to NAR rules and policies, we do transmit member information to NAR Headquarters. NAR has separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of this or any NAR linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.