How to Join
Want to become a member of the Selkirk Association of REALTORS®? Whether you are a REALTOR®, new real estate office, appraiser, affiliate or sponsor member, we make it easy! Simply complete the corresponding application, which can be found under the FORMS section below, and return the application to our office along with the fees due. Once the application and fees have been processed, your membership is complete!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office. We are happy to help!
WHY BECOME A SELKIRK ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® MEMBER?
SAR offers its members a vital community of active professionals and a full array of services. SAR is a “one-stop-shop” where REALTORS® can find what they need for themselves and their clients.
Whether your target market is buyers and sellers or REALTORS® and their companies, joining the Selkirk Association of REALTORS® will give you an advantage over your competition.
- Opportunities for cultivating new prospects through member luncheons and various charity and fundraising events
- Member profiles featured in the Association’s e-Newsletter
- Personal subscription to the Association’s e-Newsletter
- Discount on event sponsorships
- Opportunity to join committees and help make a difference in our Association and community
- Access to membership information and market statistics
- Standardized real estate forms reviewed by legal counsel and Forms Committee
- Forms software (Form Simplicity & Zip Logix)
- Advocacy (monitoring local, state and national issues, legislation, etc.)
- Legal Hotline (FOR MEMBERS ONLY)
- Ombudsman, Mediation and Professional Standards services
- REALTOR® Safety resources
- RPR (REALTORS® Property Resource)
- Empower the “R” marketing materials and services
- Lockbox Services
Just to name a few….
The Selkirk Association of REALTORS® primarily serves Bonner and Boundary Counties along with Kootenai County, as well as the Spokane and Newport, Washington areas. We provide our members assistance in Professional Standards, continuing education, member and community service projects as well as government affairs.
The real estate industry is ever changing, it is important for our REALTOR® members to be educated on current issues, laws, forms, professional standards and other pertinent matters. SAR offers a variety of continuing education classes throughout the year, including Code of Ethics classes and the required annual Core class. REALTORS® are required by law to have a certain number of continuing education hours per licensing cycle and it is SAR’s duty and privilege to help our members fulfil the requirement. Knowledge is empowering!
SAR Orientation is held quarterly unless new membership numbers demand an orientation sooner. During SAR Orientation, members learn of the benefits of belonging to a local, state and national association; Fair Housing laws; Anti-trust information; Code of Ethics training; REALTOR® Safety; among many other subjects.
MLS Orientation is held each month on the second Tuesday. MLS members learn software functionality, how to enter listings, how to customize reports and other useful tips.
Dues Schedule (PDF) download
Affiliate Member Application (PDF) download
Sponser Membership Application (PDF) download
Affiliate & Sponsor Brochure (PDF) download
MLS Application – Broker Participant (PDF) download
MLS Application – Licensee Subscriber (PDF) download
MLS Application Addendum (PDF) download
New Office Application (PDF) download
Office Staff Access Form (PDF) download
REALTOR® Application Addendum (PDF) download
REALTOR® Application (PDF) download